The Mission of BA Tech School is to provide quality educational training which leads to satisfying career opportunities in the field of Allied Health and Nursing.
The Goals of BA Tech School are:
1. To provide sound educational training programs which are aligned with industry standards
2. To provide learning opportunities for all students, taking into account different backgrounds and differing learning abilities and styles
3. To graduate safe, competent professionals who are able to seek entry- level positions in a variety of health care settings.
4. To promote life long learning to maintain competence and encourage professional growth through continuing education and activities.
5. To foster partnerships with the community and health care agencies to enhance the education experiences and accomplish the objectives outlined in each curriculum offered
Meet the Owner
Brooks Alternative Technical School is owned and operated since 2005 by a family that cares about the direction of healthcare. Mrs. Brooks envisioned BA Tech School not only as an institution dedicated to providing area long-term care facilities with well-trained nurses, home health aides and nursing assistants, but other allied health career professionals. She also envisioned BA Tech as a career school dedicated to providing our students with personal and professional growth. By providing high quality curricula and qualified instructors, small class sizes and more individualized attention, we feel that we enable our students to reach their career goals. Our motto is “Changing Lives, One Student at a Time”. By providing quality education in favorable learning environment, our graduates are able to pursue their career objectives and enhance their lives. If you want a school that is personable, that has an open door policy we are "The Alternative"
Sonji Brooks RN, MHA MSN Ed
Founder & Director of Nursing
Mrs. Brooks graduated with her Bachelors in Science from Immaculata College in 2002. In 2004 she graduated from Seton Hall University with her Masters in Healthcare Administration. She received her Masters in Nursing Education from Walden University in 2009 and is currently enrolled in Walden University's Doctorate of Philosophy in Nursing Education Program (PhD in Education).
Mrs. Brooks started Brooks Alternative Technical School in 2006 because she has a passion for the profession and wanted to give back by educating our future. Mrs. Brooks has several years of experience as a Registered Nurse, Nurse Aide, Practical Nurse, Patient Care Technician, Phlebotomy, EKG Technician, Medication Aide, Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and First Aid Instructor. Mrs. Brooks has provided training to physicians, registered nurses and many other healthcare professionals.
For more information regarding our programs